Effective Date: September 30, 2011
The Virtual Birthday Party, Inc. operates The Virtual Birthday Party.com website as a service for people who want to host personalized virtual birthday parties.
Personal information collection:
The Virtual Birthday Party may collect and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide for the purposes of registering with the website including your email address and password;
- Information about your use of this website including information about the birthday person, birthday person’s email address, and photographs;
- Information about transactions carried out over this website including payment details collected by PayPal; and,
- Any other information that you send to The Virtual Birthday Party.
Using personal information:
The Virtual Birthday Party may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website; Personalize the website for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Supply you services that you purchase;
- Send you statements and invoices;
- Collect payments from you;
- Invite you to provide us with feedback Send you reminder notices, if requested;
- and, Send you marketing communications.
Where The Virtual Birthday Party discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for the above purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere and above, The Virtual Birthday Party may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data:
The Virtual Birthday Party will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Virtual Birthday Party will store the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
When you click to purchase parties from our website, you will be directed to our third-party processor – Paypal. Our service providers use your credit card information only to process your transaction and are required to keep your credit card information confidential. Please see PayPal’s legal agreements found at this link.
Data Retention: The Virtual Birthday Party will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at Info@TheVirtualBirthdayParty.com.
Cross-border data transfers:
In addition, personal information on the birthday person that you submit for publication on The Virtual Birthday Party website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this policy:
If you have any questions about this privacy or The Virtual Birthday Party’s treatment of your personal information, please write:
By email to: Info@TheVirtualBirthdayParty.com
By post to: The Virtual Birthday Party, 5025 N. Central Ave. #121, Phoenix, AZ 85012